Sunday, May 22, 2011

Something Small

Something Small by sewhappy45
Something Small, a photo by sewhappy45 on Flickr.

I have been wanting to make a quilt like this for sometime, but was never sure how to start. After I saw the doll quilt Nova made for the down under doll quilt I thought I MUST do it. She explained how she just went with it and encouraged me to give it a go.
I recently read a post on sillyboodilly's blog that had a small quilt made using patterned fabric, and I started thinking.....
What if you use a feature fabric then add other components like a design board. This idea grew. I have only used scraps for this project, except the main patterned fabric, it has a lot of feelings in this little quilt, almost like a little trip down memory lane. I plan to do more hand quilting on this, since I was so happy with the way my doll quilt turned out.
Happy sewing

Sonia

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! It has so much movement and yet it's soft and pretty. It'll look wonderful with hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the make it up as you go kinda quilt, they are super satisfying. Especially when you can use up all those scraps.

    ReplyDelete