Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Puff, Puff, Pant, Pant! I Made It!


Doll Quilt Drying in the Sun

Phew I have just completed my doll quilt for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap. I decided to add some hand stitching to the border. I found Kate's hand quilting blog here a huge help and I decided to take a leap, it was a really good feeling when I tuned it over and Yippee it worked! I have tried hand quilting before and have not liked how it has turned out but this time it was good. Now don't get me wrong I still need practice but Oh Boy I am happy with it. Big Thank You to Kate.
All I have to do now is wait for it to dry and bundle it off to my partner who I hope loves it and is happy with it...I love it and I am happy. I send this to them very happily and confidently. So that is my first swap. It is a lot of fun and now I will be waiting for the next one.
I have also been knitting lately, I have discoverd the fun of knitting socks but I am a very slow knitter and I enjoy sewing more, I will post a pic if I ever get them completed.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't even started mine as yet....oh well. Maybe tomorrow. Yours looks great, I like he idea of hand quilting but am too lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is beautiful. Really, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the lucky recipient and I love this little Doll Quilt so much!! I'll treasure it always!

    ReplyDelete