Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tangerine Tango Challenge

Tangerine Tango 1 by sewhappy45
Tangerine Tango 1, a photo by sewhappy45 on Flickr.

Today I want to let you all see my entry for the tangerine tango challenge. What I liked best about this challenge was that it made you think about a colour....it was all about the colour, and that got me straight away. There were limits of course and that really tested my confidence in my design. I drew a sketch of the block, played with colour combinations then pulled out fabrics.
I then decided it would be made mostly from scrap. Once it was finished I felt pretty disappointed that I didn't make it into a larger quilt as I really love it now.....it may still yet happen...I hope.
Check out the challenge pool on Flickr, some great entries are already there.
Happy sewing
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Sonia, this is such a brilliant little quilt! The colours work so well. The little square of blue that continues into the binding is so clever. I love the chopped off point stars! The whole thing is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! the colors are just gorgeous! and the pattern is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete