Friday, April 29, 2011

I am SO lucky


Yesterday I was so thrilled when the postie came and brought me my quilt form Sally for the Down Under Quilt Swap. It is so wonderful to get something that someone has made especially for you. It is such a lovely feeling and it was a happiness that I needed. I love the colours and the quilting pattern is great. I love this little quilt to bits and now I need to find a special somewhere for it.
I have been putting my doll quilt together and I am very close to a finish but I want to take some time to think about how exactly I am going to quilt it, to hand quilt or not?, that is the question.
Since it is the middle of our school holidays here in sunny Perth I have had little time for sewing, I have been reorganizing my house and there has been a little painting going on. Our walls have been bare plaster for way too long and painting is well over due.
Sally has a group for finishing UFO's Here I think that I may also do that as when I was cleaning I was pretty disappointed to see my unfinished quilts, could be time to do something about it.
Well enough chitter chatter, I better get tea started, I can feel the look....soon it will be the whine..."When's dinner?"
Happy sewing

Sonia

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you liked the quilt!! And glad you joined the UFO group! Keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete