Thursday, March 17, 2011

Emery Pincushion

I really must tell you all about a lady who makes lovely emery pincushions. Her name is Dotty and she  has an amazing range and even supplies emery for those who wish to make their own.  Recently I have been thinking a lot about pincushions and what they are filled with. Emery is meant to clean and sharpen pins and needles. Now I have favourite needles that try as I might I can't find a suitable substitute, and yep they are old, so I need to look after these treasures as best I can. This is why it is so important to me. A bad needle that is hard to pull through fabric is a nightmare to sew with. I was so happy to come across this lovely.
It is so beautifully made. I couldn't resist the candy pink with daisy flowers. I love simple shapes so this is so perfect for me. I will be grabbing a few more of these I am that happy. Anyway I had to let you know because I think it is important to let people know when you are really happy with a product.

I have been very busy getting to know my secret swap partner for the down under doll quilt swap. I have drawn out a draft design. I am pretty happy with it. I am not sure if I can post pictures so I won't until I know for sure. I must say I was worried at first, it was like "Oh what have you done?" but now I have a drawing I am feeling really good. Just got to pick colours I think they will like but I am confident that will go good too. All in all I am feeling great about this. So I am very sorry but that is all I will say now or I will give it all away (not a good secret keeper)

Hope you are having lots of sewing fun

Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment