Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oooo Postie brought me some goodies

I was so excited yesterday when Mr. Postie brought these goodies to my door:

Journal Bliss, By Violette is my starting point for my art journal journey. I hope through this I will unleash the creative me and be able to let go of all the doubts that keep holding me back. I can't wait to get started.
The second book is Quilts, Baby! Linda Kopp has put this together, it is a group of different designers (sillyboodilly (Victoria Gertenbach) is one of them, I love her work, as well as Malka Dubrawsky, she has some lovely bright quilts in there.) Any how.. it is full of wonderful, inspiring quilts. The one pictured below is one that I am thinking of making, it is designed by Laurraine Yuyama. You know how I wanted to make a baby quilt and the frustration had me look for a book that would help resolve my problems, well this sure did that and more. I will be making quite a few from this book (not all will be for babies, I think these quilts are really too good to be just for babies. Another I am eager to begin, I feel inspired.



 These books came from another great online bookstore: Booktopia this is an Aussie bookstore, that also provides a brilliant service.
I just love books, I like to just sit and look through them over and over again. These two I particularly like as they encourage creativity of your own. And the baby quit book could easily be used to make quilts for teens and adults, they just need to be made a little larger.

I must end now, dishes are calling, have fun sewing

Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment